NTU India Connect Research Internship Program is a university-wide short-term research program lasting for 2 to 6 months. It is initiated to enable undergraduate and graduate students from Indian universities and institutes of higher learning to pursue research at Nanyang Technological University (NTU). Participants of this program will work under the supervision of NTU faculty, develop a strong research interest and expertise in a given research field, experience multicultural living, gain a network of friends and a better understanding of Singapore.
About Nanyang Technological University (NTU): The Nanyang Technological University (abbreviation: NTU) is an autonomous university in Singapore offering publicly-funded degree programs. NTU is consistently ranked amongst the world’s best universities in all of the major college and university rankings and is regarded as one of the top 3 universities in Asia.
Who can apply: NTU India Connect is open to undergraduate students who have not studied in NTU Singapore previously. The applicants must possess good academic track records.
Research Projects: Students may either select the projects listed here and submit online the application with all necessary documents or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to Prof. B.V.R. Chowdari, Senior Executive Director, President’s Office (email@example.com), with all necessary supporting documents such as curriculum vitae, grade certificates, research proposal, reference letters, etc… and listing three names of the faculty with whom they would like to work with. Those short listed candidates will be referred to suggested faculty for their consent and if agreed internship offer will be made.
Those students who intend to have the internship for longer period (> 2months) must have a supervisor at the home institution and the supervisors at both institutions must come to a common understanding about the research project before the application being considered.
Duration: 2-6 months.
- May 8, 2017 to July 15, 2017: You can apply for this internship period from December 1, 2016 to February 15, 2017.
- July 20, 2017 to December 31, 2017: You can apply for this internship period from February 15, 2017 to April 30, 2017.
Location: Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore.
Stipend: The grant is tenable only for the duration of the program at NTU. Each grant may cover the following in full or partial:
- One-time travel support to the extend of SGD 300.
- A single/double occupancy accommodation inside or outside the university (subject to availability).
- SDG 300 per month (paid out on a monthly basis). should your stay either be less or more than a month the amount will be proportional.
- Reimbursement of miscellaneous fees such as TEP Application, Matriculation Card, IT Facilities Fee, Registration Fee, University Copyright Fee and Group Hospitalisation and Surgical Insurance (GHSI) Scheme with the financial allowance pay-out.
Here is a link to NTU India Connect’s page.
Over to you: Please help us and others by sharing this post with your friends/groups who may find it useful. If you know anyone who would be interested, tag them here in the comments/share this post with them.
Best wishes from EduInfo.
Make sure that you do not miss a single internship. Subscribe to EduInfo and get internships delivered to your inbox.
You are also invited to join our group on Facebook.