Applications are invited for Lok Sabha Internship Program in the Parliament of India.
About Bureau Of Parliamentary Studies And Training: The imperative of appropriate training and capacity building of personnel working in any organization has increasingly been recognized the world over in recent decades. Such training helps to improve the effectiveness of the organization and enhance the efficiency of the available manpower, besides enabling optimum utilization of the human resources. In an era of professional specialization, organizations and institutions have laid special emphasis on institutional arrangements for imparting requisite training of their personnel. In-house training, deputing personnel for training in recognized institutions, attachment with professional training institutions, etc. have become important components of augmentation of the professional capabilities of officers and staff of organizations everywhere. Induction Courses, Foundation Courses, Refresher Programmes, Orientation Programmes, etc. have emerged as integral to holistic capacity building of personnel in all organizations.
About the Internship: This Lok Sabha Internship Program is aimed to provide an opportunity to young talent in the country with outstanding academic credentials for acquainting them with the working of parliamentary democracy through Parliamentary Internship and to train them to contribute towards the generation of research inputs for members of Parliament. This Internship would expose the selected Interns to the constitutional and legal provisions with respect to the working of Parliament and while contributing to the research inputs, they shall gain valuable experience of parliamentary democracy at work.
Number of Internships: 50
Who can apply:
- Degree(s): Engineering, MBA & Similar, Journalism, Mass Comm & Similar, Humanities (BA/MA & Similar) and Science (B.Sc/M.Sc & Similar) and Law & Similar.
- Year of degree completion: 2016 or earlier.
- Only applicants who are available full time for a minimum duration of 1 month(s) can apply.
- Applicants should be available to start the internship on the mentioned date.
- The Internship is open to Indian citizens between 21 and 30 years of age as on 31 July 2016, provided they have an outstanding academic record in above mentioned disciplines or any related disciplines. Students pursuing doctoral study interested to undergo internship can also apply.
Location: New Delhi
Duration: There are two types of internship available, one for three-month Internship starting from December 1, 2017 to February 28, 2017 and the other for one-month internship from December 14, 2016 to January 13, 2017.
For more details, check this PDF notification.
Your applications should reach them latest by July 31, 2016.
Over to you: Please help us and others by sharing this post with your friends/groups who may find it useful. If you know anyone who would be interested, tag them here in the comments/share this post with them.
Best wishes from EduInfo.
Make sure that you do not miss a single internship. Subscribe to EduInfo and get internships delivered to your inbox.
You are also invited to join our group on Facebook.