Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the JN Tata Endowment Scholarships for the academic year 2017-18 who want to pursue their post graduate studies (Masters or PhD or postdoctoral studies).
The JN Tata Endowment offers loan scholarships only. The Endowment awards a one-time loan scholarship; applications for which are to be made only at the beginning of the course.
Who can apply:
- Only Indian nationals are eligible for the scholarship.
- Graduates from a recognized Indian University, with a consistently good academic record.
- Students in the final year of a degree course and those awaiting final-year results can apply.
- You need not have the admission/offer letters from the universities to which you have applied for the academic year 2017-2018 at the time of making the application.
- Academicians and other mid-career professionals, up to the age of 45 years, with experience in their fields, who wish to go abroad for further specialized training are also eligible.
- Scholars going abroad for seminars, conferences and undergraduate studies are not eligible for a JN Tata Endowment Loan Scholarship.
Scholarship Amount: The loan amount (ranging between Rs. 1 lakh (Rs. 1,00,000) and Rs. 10 lakh (Rs. 10,00,000) which is awarded to each scholar is determined by the norms laid down for the purpose and does not cover the full cost of studies. All applicants do not necessarily qualify for the maximum amount. Selected scholars may also qualify for a gift scholarship from the Jamsetji Tata Trust and a Travel Grant from the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust, based on the sole discretion of the Trustees of the concerned Trusts. A gift scholarship can amount to a maximum of Rs. 10 lakh (Rs. 10,00,000) and the travel grant can be a maximum of Rs. 50,000.
Application Procedure: You have to apply online for this scholarship, there is no offline application form for this scholarship. Please do not send your applications to them by post.
Repayment of the loan scholarship: Repayment of the loan begins from the time you start earning or by the end of the third year from the availment of the loan, whichever is earlier. The amount of repayment is 20% of the loan scholarship from the end of the third year to the end of the seventh year. Repayment of the loan must be completed by the end of the seventh year from the date of availing of the loan.
The last date to apply online for this scholarship is March 23, 2017 this year.
For more details and to apply for these scholarships, visit JN Tata Endowment Scholarships’ Page.
Over to you: Please help us and others by sharing this post with your friends/groups who may find it useful. If you know anyone who would be interested, tag them here in the comments/share this post with them.
Best wishes from EduInfo.
Make sure that you do not miss a single internship. Subscribe to EduInfo and get internships delivered to your inbox.
You are also invited to join our group on Facebook.