Applications are invited from Indian nationals for the JN Tata Endowment Scholarships for the academic year 2016-17 who want to pursue their post graduate studies abroad.
The JN Tata Endowment offers loan scholarships only. The Endowment awards a one-time loan scholarship; applications for which are to be made only at the beginning of the course.
Who can apply:
- Only Indian nationals are eligible for the scholarship.
- Graduates from a recognized Indian University, with a consistently good academic record.
- Students in the final year of a degree course and those awaiting final-year results can also apply.
- Academicians and other mid-career professionals, up to the age of 45 years, with experience in their fields, who wish to go abroad for further specialised training.
Scholarship Amount: The loan amount (ranging between Rs. 1,50,000 and Rs. 6,00,000) awarded to each scholar is determined by the norms laid down for the purpose and does not cover the full cost of studies. All applicants do not necessarily qualify for the maximum amount. Selected scholars may also qualify for a gift scholarship from the Jamsetji Tata Trust and a Travel Grant from the Sir Dorabji Tata Trust, based on the sole discretion of the Trustees of the concerned Trusts. A gift scholarship can amount to a maximum of Rs. 10,00,000.
- The application is to be made on a prescribed form available online on the Endowment’s website.
- The prescribed form can be obtained either personally or on payment of an application fee of Rs. 100 by cash, or by sending a request by a ‘Money Order’ or ‘Demand Draft’ drawn in favour of “The J. N. Tata Endowment” mentioning the applicant’s full name and address to enable the Endowment to post the form.
- There is no specific date for submission but all completed application forms should be submitted at least 45 days before the candidate departs overseas. For instance : if candidate scheduled to leave on 15th September then application should be submitted by 31st July.
- Shortlisted candidates will be called in for a mandatory personal interview that is conducted by relevant subject experts in Mumbai, between the months of March and June.
For more details on these scholarships, visit JN Tata Endowment Scholarships’ Page.
Over to you: Please help us and others by sharing this post with your friends/groups who may find it useful. If you know anyone who would be interested, tag them here in the comments/share this post with them.
Best wishes from EduInfo.
Make sure that you do not miss a single internship. Subscribe to EduInfo and get internships delivered to your inbox.
You are also invited to join our group on Facebook.