It’s the chance to join CERN in Geneva – getting involved in the day-to-day work of their multicultural teams. Through this CERN internship, you will get to attend lectures, visit CERN facilities, take part in discussions and workshops with people who are leaders in their fields. In fact, it will be a summer like nowhere else on Earth.
The CERN Summer Student Program offers undergraduate and junior post-graduate students of physics, computing and engineering a unique opportunity to join in the day-to-day work of research teams participating in experiments at CERN in Geneva, Switzerland. Beyond the outstanding first-class scientific value of their stay, the selected students will find working in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment an extremely enriching personal experience. It is an once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make valuable and long lasting contacts with other students and scientists from all over the world.
In addition to the work in the experimental teams, summer students attend a series of lectures specially prepared for them. Several scientists and engineers from around the world share their knowledge about a wide range of topics in the fields of theoretical and experimental particle physics, engineering and computing. Visits to the accelerators and experimental areas are also part of the Program, as well as discussion sessions, workshops and a poster session.
Who can apply: You can apply for this CERN internship if you:
- You are a national of a CERN Member State or India, Pakistan, Serbia, Turkey, Cyprus or Ukraine. India became an associate member of CERN in January 2017. (You can check the member nations of CERN here. If you are not a citizen of a member country of CERN, then apply for this internship for students of non-members states).
- Your Bachelor or Master degree focuses on one of the following disciplines: Physics, Information Technologies; Electricity; Electromechanics; Electronics; Controls and Data Acquisition; Mechanics; Civil Engineering; Health, Safety & Environment; Materials Science & Surface Engineering.
- You are a university-level undergraduate (Bachelor or Masters) at least in your third year.
- You will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If you expect to graduate in summer 2017, even then you can apply.
- You have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
Location: CERN, Geneva.
Duration: 8 weeks in summer 2017.
Stipend: 90 CHF/day + Travel allowance + Health Insurance Scheme + The CERN Housing Service will assist you in finding accommodation on, or near the site of the laboratory + During July & August you may attend lectures from 09:00-12:30 each day (5 weeks).
For more details and to apply online, visit CERN Internships’ page.
The last date to apply this year is January 27, 2017.
Over to you: Please help us and others by sharing this post with your friends/groups who may find it useful. If you know anyone who would be interested, tag them here in the comments/share this post with them.
Best wishes from EduInfo.
Make sure that you do not miss a single internship. Subscribe to EduInfo and get internships delivered to your inbox.
You are also invited to join our group on Facebook.