The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is a regional development bank established to facilitate economic development of countries in Asia. And this ADB internship is a project-oriented learning opportunity for graduate students to gain experience through research assignments based on ADB’s current operational needs.
The internship program offers the opportunity to:
- work in a major international development organization;
- work collaboratively with experienced professionals from over 50 different countries;
- gain a deeper understanding of development finance and the impact of the work ADB does; and
- contribute to ADB’s business through research outputs.
Who can apply: For this ADB Internship Program, the applicants must be:
- be enrolled in a Master’s- or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member nations (India is a member), both prior to and after the internship assignment;
- be engaged in academic study in a field directly related to ADB’s work.
- be a national of one of ADB’s members;
- possess an excellent command of English;
- have professional experience relevant to the assignment.
Location: Manila in Philippines, Bangkok in Thailand or Kathmandu in Nepal.
Duration: Starting in June or August 2017 depending on the internship profile you are applying to and varies (a minimum of eight (8) weeks (56 days) and a maximum of 26 weeks or six (6) months for one internship assignment.)
Stipend: A stipend of $69 per day is provided to all interns according to the location of internships up to maximum 56 calendar days. Interns may choose to work beyond 56 calendar days in agreement with the designated supervisors, but without stipend.
However the interns are to shoulder accommodation and transportation; part of the airfare and food expenses. Interns are provided with an I-Pay card; these are pre-loaded cards with a limited monetary value to cover food expenses at the ADB Cafeteria Dining Facility for Manila-based internships. Interns assigned to Field Offices are provided with cash food allowance.
For more details and to apply, visit Asian Development Bank Internship’s page.
The last date to apply for this round of internships is March 15, 2017.
Over to you: Please help us and others by sharing this post with your friends/groups who may find it useful. If you know anyone who would be interested, tag them here in the comments/share this post with them.
Make sure that you do not miss a single internship. Subscribe to EduInfo and get internships delivered to your inbox.
You are also invited to join our group on Facebook.