Chevening Scholarship is an international scholarship scheme which enables students with leadership qualities from 144 countries and territories to undertake postgraduate study or courses in universities in the United Kingdom. Funding for the scheme comes from the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
Chevening Scholarships in India are awarded to outstanding emerging leaders to pursue a one-year Master’s at any UK university. The scholarship program provides a unique opportunity for future leaders, influencers, and decision-makers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
A Chevening Scholarship offers financial support along with the opportunity to become part of the highly regarded and influential Chevening global network.
Applications for 2017/18 Chevening Scholarship program in India are now open.
Who can apply:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country (India is), and intend to return there for a minimum of 2 years after your Chevening Award has finished.
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate program at a UK university.
- Have at least two years’ work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by July 13, 2017.
- Not have previously studied in the UK under a UK government-funded scholarship
For the Chevening Master’s programs, they accept applications from a wide range of subject areas, and particularly welcome applications in the following fields: Science and Innovation, Media and communication, Management and leadership, Healthcare and Cyber security.
Scholarship Amount: A monthly stipend + Tuition fees + Travel expenses + VISA.
- university tuition fees (Chevening applies a tuition fee cap of £18,000 to MBA programs. Applicants will be expected to cover the remaining costs above the £18,000 cap).
- a monthly stipend.
- travel costs to and from the UK.
- an arrival allowance.
- homeward departure allowance.
- the cost of one visa application.
- a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
The last date to apply this year is November 8, 2016.
For more details and to apply, visit Chevening Scholarships’ website.
Over to you: Please help us and others by sharing this post with your friends/groups who may find it useful. If you know anyone who would be interested, tag them here in the comments/share this post with them.
Best wishes from EduInfo.
Make sure that you do not miss a single internship. Subscribe to EduInfo and get internships delivered to your inbox.
You are also invited to join our group on Facebook.