Founded in 1989 as a spinoff of research done at Stanford University, today Risk Management Solutions (RMS) is the world leader in catastrophe risk modeling. From earthquakes, hurricanes, and floods to terrorism, longevity, and infectious diseases, our models provide critical risk management solutions to financial institutions around the world.
At RMS, they build simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, and flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy.
And as a modeler intern, you will be involved in understanding and working on available open source hazard models along with understanding, collecting & generating their input data sets. You will also be involved in analyzing, validating & calibrating the end results of the modeling. In order to showcase the end results, you will also get an opportunity in developing hazard & risk maps at different scenarios.
Who can apply: Those pursuing Bachelor’s/Master’s in Civil Engineering disciplines/Applied Mathematics/Statistics from premier institutes can apply.
- Develop understanding of catastrophe risk modeling
- Develop understanding about the focus markets for RMS and the reasons why clients use the different RMS models, products and services.
- Learn best practices in catastrophe risk modeling through project work.
- Develop understanding of different players in the market.
- Post training, contribute towards and compile content for internal or external client reports.
- Learn project management and other aspects of a project with a focus on the decision making and exception handling.
- Learn and develop process improvement skills to bring greater efficiencies in client workflow
- Support the client in understanding the output of analysis, comparing different model results and explain to the client.
For more details and to apply, visit this RMS Internship’s Page.
Over to you: Please help us and others by sharing this post with your friends/groups who may find it useful. If you know anyone who would be interested, tag them here in the comments/share this post with them.
Best wishes from EduInfo.
Make sure that you do not miss a single internship. Subscribe to EduInfo and get internships delivered to your inbox.
You are also invited to join our group on Facebook.